Tuesday, July 28, 2009

It's Been Awhile!!

I finally have a new computer, well, a donated computer, but it works so who cares. Since I've last been on here, we have had a lot going on. I just quit my job last Friday so I am able to stay home with Emerson all the time now, YAY!!!!!!! It is wonderful, I missed her so much being away at work. We have followed up wither Emerson's cardiologist and geneticist in the past couple weeks. Her genetics appointment went very well; Dr. Escobar tweaked Emerson's feeding schedule so she is not on an overnight feed anymore, yay! That is wonderful. She is up to 17 pounds 9 ounces now and is 27 inches long, so as you can see, her g-tube has been a blessing! Her cardiologist said that Emerson is not better, no worse. So we will take that as good news. We see him again in 4 months and then we will schedule to have a heart cath done! In the meantime, my husband and I are planning to take Emerson to The Cincinnati Children's Hospital to get a second opinion on her heart condition. We are going to see Dr. Towbin, who is one of the leading doctors in cardiomyopathies. Hopefully he can help us! I'll let everyone know how that turns out!

Emerson is still doing first steps and seems to be doing better all the time. She is sitting up for short periods of time on her own, and is becoming far more intersted in her toys. Today she stood up for the first time, with the help of the couch! It was amazing!

All for now, I will be on again soon! Hope everyone is well!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Who knew they made hospital gowns for babies?!?