Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Big Changes

It has been so long since I have been on here, and there have been some big changes with our family. We bought a new house and moved in a few months ago, finally settled in for the most part! I started a full-time job, which is much harder than I anticipated. I miss being home with my baby girl so much, but Brandon and I are working on a better solution.

Medically, Emerson seems to be doing alright. We went back to her cardiologist in April and her Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy is actually worse, which was devastating to hear. But her cardiologist said that it is promising that she looks and acts so great. Her hypothyroidism is completely cleared up so that is one less thing that we have to worry about. She is still in first steps, OT once a week and getting ready to be two times a week, developmental therapy once a week, and we are getting ready to start seeing a Speech Therapist and a Dietician. She is doing really well with it all. She is holding her head up completely on her own and we are working on sitting up now. She is still having some feeding issues but is working on eating actual baby food and is doing quite well. She is sleeping much better now, 8-9 hours a night and only waking up, on average, 3-4 times a night for a few minutes at a time, which is a huge improvement from where she was!

I am hoping to update more often, but am very busy these days! Hope to get on here soon!

1 comment:

  1. So good to get an update and hear things are going mostly well! I just hosted and attended my first WS event...I so wish we lived closer! Have you met anyone in your area yet?

    ReplyDelete


Who knew they made hospital gowns for babies?!?